Want your entire look stand out in fashionable glory? Add a little sex-appeal and mystery with perfectly applied smoky eye makeup
— in just six easy steps:
- Line upper eyelid all the way across with a kohl (pencil) liner.
- Apply liner to lower lash line from the outside in. Line halfway across if you have small eyes and all the way across if you have larger eyes.
- Take a flat brush or an eye makeup sponge applicator and moisten - smudge dark shadow across the penciled line. Using a slightly damp applicator will make shadow appear slightly darker and adhere longer.
- Sweep on a layer of the same eye-shadow with a dry brush up to your crease (but not above.)
- Use a light, creamy color to accent your brow bone. Go very light if using iridescent shadow.
- Use two to three coats of mascara to finish the look.
Tip from LA Based Makeup Artist, Catherine Vota: "Hold a square of toilet paper firmly beneath the lower lashes to catch stray powder during application to avoid raccoon eyes. Still have stray shadow? Spray cleansing water on a cotton ball to remove."
Adjust the colors according to your personal style. For a bold statement to go with a kitschy, vintage look, try: black, navy, and deep brown. For subtle depth, opt for sage green, medium charcoal,