To choose the most flattering eye-makeup for your hair color, personal style, skin tone, and eye color, arm yourself with a handful of great, go-to eye makeup tips, suitable for a variety of eye sizes, shapes, and iris colors.
Choosing your eye shadow:
For a more dramatic eye:
- Eye pencils create a smokier effect than liquid liner.
- Curl lashes ¾ the way towards lids, twice before applying mascara, once after the first coat dries.
- When using pigment (shadow) that is dark or loose, place a paper towel under your bottom lash line to catch the stray color, minimizing raccoon eyes.
- Dab a tiny bit of light, iridescent shadow to the inside of your upper lid (by nose) and lightly above the outer part of your eyebrow. This makes eyes appear lively! The key here is to highlight subtly.
- Lining the entire top lid has a minimizing effect, lining half maximizes.
- Clear mascara works wonders for keeping brows in place!
Regardless of the hoards of advice available, there is always one essential beauty rule to follow: Honor your personal style!